Join us for this Quick Recipes episode where we will make French Country Hotdogs. With Host and Chef Pascal Roche.
French country hot dogs
Serves 4 people.
• 4 hot dogs.
• 2 french baguettes.
• 1/2 onion (caramelized) in 1 once of butter.
• 8 onces italian mushrooms (reduced) in 1 once of butter.
• 1/2 cup of swiss cheese (shredded).
• In a fried pan put 1 once of butter on maximum heat until the butter is melted.
• Add: 1/2 onion sliced, let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes till soft and clear, reduce to low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, when ready put them in a boll.
• in the same pan
• Add : 1 once of butter and the sliced italian mushrooms ,(maximum heat) for 3 to 5 minutes, add: salt, pepper garlic. Reduce to low heat for 5 minutes.
• Boiled the hot dog in water.
• Cut the french baguette the size of the hot dog, cut open one side.(V shape) insert a thin layer of onions and a layer of mushroom.
• Put a hot dog on top and some shredded cheese.
• Put them in the oven under the broiler for 1 minutes to 2 minutes till cheese is melted and golden brown.